The Athlete Ombudsman
The current Athlete Ombudsman is John Ruger.
Web Page: http://www.teamusa.org/For-Athletes/Athlete-Ombudsman
Toll Free Phone: (888) ATHLETE
Phone: (303) 444-6615
Fax: (303) 444-6626
What is an Athlete Ombudsman?
The purpose of the Athlete Ombudsman is three-fold:
- Provide independent advice to elite athletes and national governing bodies (NGBs)
- Assist in mediating disputes
- Develop and implement USOC policy that secures the rights and interests of athletes
The Ombudsman provides independent advice to elite athletes and national governing bodies at no cost about:
- The applicable provisions of the Ted Stevens Olympic and Amateur Sports Act
- The constitutions and bylaws of the USOC, national governing bodies, Paralympic sports organizations, international sports federations, the International Olympic Committee, the International Paralympic Committee, and the Pan-American Sports Organization
The Athlete Ombudsman also assists in mediating any dispute involving athletes’ opportunities to participate in the Olympic Games, the Paralympic Games, the Pan-American Games, world championship competition or other protected competition as defined in the constitution and bylaws of the USOC.
Finally, the Ombudsman develops and implements USOC policy that protects the rights and interests of athletes.No comments